Wednesday, October 27, 2010


Mom's encouraging me to make at least one post a week, about anything, so I'm going to start with my flying.

So ever since we decided we were going to move I'd been wondering about how I was going to find a flight instructor in Washington. I'd already passed the written test through self study and I was just lucky to find my instructor in Texas, a neighbor had introduced him to me. I wasn't sure if I'd have to go through a flight school, but I didn't want to do the unnecessary ground school and I just wasn't sure how it would work.

So last Thursday I called a flight school on our local airport and told them my situation and they said I could just come on out and start scheduling! We went and they had an opening and that very same day I got to have a flight lesson!!! It was insane how easy it was.

The flying itself was AMAZING! It's such a beautiful place to fly. We got to go out over the water where the sun was shining off it... The problem is you're so busy trying to concentrate on the lesson and fly the plane you can't appreciate it properly.
The airport is WAY larger than the one I flew from in Texas. It has a control tower which only the big airports have and it's kind of nerve-wracking because everybody talks so fast and there's a very precise order in which you have to say things over the radio. I got to make the calls for the first time today. It was scary, but I did it alright.

Sometime I'm going to get some pictures, maybe once I've had a few more lessons and have got a feel for things.
Anyway, it's a ton of fun and I can't wait for my next lesson!

1 comment: